Sunday 10 August 2014

Boris as MP or PM - Has He Got What It Takes?

As a lifelong Conservative, I have always had a soft spot for Boris, until now. It pains me to say this but after viewing his performance, because that is precisely what it was, during his speech on Europe and Business this week, I was left distinctly unimpressed. Were I given the opportunity, now that he has at last shown his political hand in the run up to next year’s election, based on this effort I’d be hard pushed to vote him in to represent me. The content of what he had to say was without focus, and whilst he often spoke with a misplaced sense of humour, he lacked the necessary passion and gravitas. He certainly did not command my attention, except with what appeared to be the carefully timed ruffling of the blond mop, which only served to make him appear like a coy young girl nervous about the outcome of a first date.  I was left feeling that he needed to get himself a new speech writer.  Forgive me for being cynical, but I wonder if the fact that the speech was given at the London headquarters of Bloomberg had anything to do with the lack of our current government’s criticism of Israel’s continued bombardment of Gaza?

No comments:

Post a Comment