Thursday 26 April 2018

Driving Challenge for South Someset MIND


Always up for a challenge, and fresh from her Sky Dive at Old Sarum, which raised £400 for local charity, The Jemima Layzell Trust, Councillor Linda Piggott-Vijeh is now all set for taking on another challenge. This time Linda is helping to raise funds for South Somerset MIND by taking on their Driving Challenge at Henstridge Airfield on June 30th.

Said Linda, ‘I always like to push boundaries and to try things that I have never done before. I can well recall, many years ago, running amoke with a combine harvester on the Dillington Estate. Quite illegal of course, but it really was the most fun. This time I am aiming to drive as many big beasts as possible. At just £15 per person to enter it really will be a great way to have a fun day out whilst also supporting this really important charity. In an effort to help South Somerset MIND to raise even more money I am encouraging friends to sign up, and also to sponsor me. The challenge is also open to men this year for the first time.


I am also really excited that my fellow Rotarians, from the Rotary Club of Ilminster, have also agreed to take have a go as part of our ongoing community support work.


I am quite competitive, so I am aiming to gain the most points in the Westerley Mini reversing test, and be able to change a tyre the quickest, in the hope that I will be able to win the prize of going up in a light aircraft.’


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q5_Foo4aIs4Xe5wlSWeWJmchCGFEFh0G/view?usp=sharing



No comments:

Post a Comment