Monday 15 November 2021

Linda Vijeh Calls Time

After much consideration I have decided that with effect from 1st January 2022, I shall be standing down as both District Councillor for Neroche ward and as County Councillor for Ilminster division, along with their associated committees and appointments.  

In addition to this, I will be ending my formal engagement with the many local organisations of which I am currently an active member, as with increasing demands on my time, it has been difficult to meet the commitment that I believe is necessary to be an effective contributor. 

However, this does not mean that I will not continue to support those organisations in some way; more that I will do so voluntarily, rather than through obligation.  

There are a number of reasons for my decision but the principle one is that after over 20 years of public service I have decided that the time has come to allow myself the luxury of pursuing other personal interests. This will also allow me, as a member of the public, the opportunity to express my views on the issues of the day more openly, without the constraints of formal office.  

My grateful thanks go to those of you who have over the years provided valuable help in supporting me to carry out my duties. 

Linda Vijeh 


2 comments:

  1. Well done for all those years of service. We'll raise a glass to the new opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRINCIPAL not principle, I think.

    Sorry to see you go,Linda.

    ReplyDelete