Thursday 4 November 2021

THE BELL, BROADWAY - REVIEW

The Bell Broadway **REVIEW**

As a professional hotel and restaurant inspector for more years than I care to remember, I have gained a reputation for being critical. I cannot deny this, but I like to think that I am fair and objective in my views.

It is also well recorded that I am a frequent pub goer and dine out often. I take pride in entering my local establishments and being known to them as a regular.

It is a brave publican therefore that asks me for my opinion. Such was the case when, with a hankering for roast beef one Sunday, I pitched up at The Bell in Broadway. I had been urged to try their Sunday roast, and chanced my luck, knowing full well that they would be busy, turning customers away. Fortunately, I arrived one the dot of twelve and received the response, ‘As it is you, I am sure we can fit you in.’

With a small appetite, and not keen on veg., I asked for a child’s portion, with just one potato and a Yorkshire pud. I like my beef rare but can accept that in most pubs it is difficult to obtain, as many other customers do not share my enthusiasm.

What arrived was exactly as I had requested. Three generous slices of beautifully cooked beef, quite pink, a crispy roast potato with fluffy innards, and a huge Yorkshire. It really was one of the best Sunday roasts I have had in a long time. No wonder the crowds were pouring in as I left; word has clearly got out.

If I have a couple of gripes, they would be that the gravy was a bit lumpy, and there really is no need for bits of greenery on top of the Yorkshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment