Friday 24 February 2017

Fund raising lunch for Nairobi orphanage


Ilminster Rotarian and local fund raiser, Linda Piggott-Vijeh invited friends and colleagues to lunch with a difference this month, to raise funds for her upcoming trip to work at Nyumbani Village, an orphanage, near Nairobi in Kenya.

Linda said, ‘I first found out about this project through a Rotary colleague from Scotland, who I met whilst President last year. When she told me that she was looking for volunteers I jumped at the chance. Apart from paying my own expenses, I also wanted to raise some money to help support the charity. My own trip to India last September, to visit another Rotary funded initiative to support a Women’s Literacy project, meant that I had the opportunity to discover Indian wines. This fund raising lunch gave me the perfect excuse to open and share all 14 bottles of some very interesting wines I had brought back, and it seemed sensible to cook an Indian meal to go with. In all I was able to raise £300, doubling what I had previously raised; and everyone agreed that they had had a good time!’



NYUMBANI FUND RAISING LUNCH 




Chana Masala (chick peas)
Aloo Gajar Saag (root vegetables in spinach)
Dal Tadka (lentils)
Bainjan Taamata (aubergine and tomato)
Gaajar Shimla Mirch Moon Phali (carrots yellow peppers and peanuts)
Phul Ghobi Pyaaj (roast cauliflower and red onion)
Red bean Curry
Paneer Shimla Mirch Butter Masala (paneer red peppers)
Chicken Korma   -   Chicken Madras
Prawn Madras    -   Prawn Bhuna
Jewelled rice

Fresh lime pickle
Cucumber Raita
Tomato chutney

Chapatti
Coriander and garlic Naan
Coriander and garlic Popadoms

Mango cream
Mango and ginger jelly

Mango sorbet

No comments:

Post a Comment