Friday 23 December 2016

BROADWAY QUIZ RAISES £247 FOR CHURCH FUNDS

Photo - winning quiz team and organisers at Broadway VH. 
Left to right - Ben Overd, Lisa Shearman, Steph White, Claire Robards, Beryl Muskett, Carole Willmouth, Linda Vijeh


Local Councillor and charity fund raiser, Linda Vijeh, once again pulled out all the stops this year to run the annual Christmas Quiz in Broadway, which raised much needed funds for St Aldhelm and St Eadburgha Church.

Said Linda, 'It is well known locally that I am a bit of a quiz fanatic and I am always thrilled to be asked to put together quizzes to support local charities and community fund raising events. This was my second year of running the one at Broadway, and I am delighted that we had a packed house, with 14 tables in all, raising £247, the highest amount ever raised. 
Last year I wore a reindeer onesie to host the event but was advised against it this year as apparently it was not the most fetching of looks! I tend to prefer putting together themed quizzes but this does require a lot more work. This year it was a bit embarrassing as the winning team, Quizzimodos, was led by Lisa Shearman, who I often quiz with, and who, unknown to me, had put together her own Christmas quiz for work colleagues the night before, so no wonder her team won! 
As with all of these events it could not be done without a dedicated team of volunteers to put the whole thing together, promote the event, set up tables etc.and provide refreshments. All I have to do is turn up and ask a load of questions. I understand that this one was so successful that I have been booked again for next year. 
|I will also be running a quiz at the Bowling Club in Ilminster in the new year, and another at Donyatt Village Hall on 17th February, so it looks like I shall have my work cut out. This is what being part of a community is all about and I am glad that I can play a small part in that.'


No comments:

Post a Comment