Thursday 29 September 2016

BA Flight BA198 Mumbai to London

BA Flight BA198 Mumbai to London

What has happened to customer service? I am fiercely patriotic and expect the best from our national airline. 
Having checked in and booked my seat for my flight today, late yesterday evening. To be informed later that the flight was cancelled. OK, so stuff happens, and apparently I am booked on the same flight tomorrow. However, at no point was I informed that my flight category had been downgraded, and did not discover this until I tried to book myself a seat. 

I have called BA on many occasions in the last 8 hours, including a 40 minute call to a UK number, failing all other options, which has cost me £60, only to find that I was speaking to someone in Delhi anyway, who put me on hold for most of the time and then could not take a decision!  

I have not been able to find even one person who will either call me back, or at the very least explain why I was not transferred to the later flight at the same category, or who will tell me what the situation is re: hotel bill, other expenses or any compensation. 

This is quite unacceptable by any standards. Apart from anything else I find it impossible to travel on long flights in economy, which is why I have not been on any long haul flights for sometime. This particular trip was really important as I was visiting a number of centres where I had helped to raise funds to see that underprivileged women could finish their education - I am not a wealthy person, and in order to take the trip I cashed in a pension to pay for the upgraded flight. 


As things stand I shall never be able to say a good word about BA again, and will ensure that everyone knows just how I feel. It is truly shameful. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information. can you help me in finding out more detail on Mumbai To London Flight

    ReplyDelete