Tuesday 25 October 2016

Fairtrade - tea-riffic!

Ilminster was declared Somerset's first Fairtrade town a couple of years ago and since then things have really progressed.

As a Fairtrade supporter I am thrilled to hear that from this month all tea served at all 200 National Trust properties will be Clipper's Fairtrade.This great news will really help to move things forward.
But it’s not just brilliant news for tea farmers and workers.

Tea plucker Mrs M Kalamani, pictured above centre, says 'Through the Fairtrade Premium, I have been able to support my son to study for a diploma in computer engineering. While I earn enough to support my family, sending my son to college would have meant getting into debt. ‘Fairtrade' have helped me give my children their education without this pressure.’

No comments:

Post a Comment