Thursday 20 February 2014

Food and 'The Art' of seduction

At Ilminster Rotary Club this last week, I was delighted to be asked to  step into the breach to provide a speaker for our weekly meeting at the Shrubbery Hotel. 
Never known to be short of a word or two, I took the opportunity to give a talk on 'Food and Seduction in The Arts'.
I have been wanting to develop this talk for some time, and Valentine's week seemed the perfect opportunity to give it an airing. Food and sex are the two things that we cannot live without, and for some time I have been interested in exploring the connection between the two. The extent to which throughout history food has been a key tool in the art of seduction is well documented in all of the arts, whether it be poetry, literature, painting, film or music.
In responding to my talk Past President Julie Fowler commented 'I shall now have to go home and seek out D H Lawrence's poem about figs, and do some research on the most aphrodisiac apple variety!' 
To get everyone in the mood I also provided a range of raffle prizes, including asparagus, chocolate and 'Saint Amour' wine, and a special Valentine menu. Kisses all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment