Tuesday 24 December 2013

Hangover poems

HANGOVER I


I wish I hadn’t gone and drunk quite so much
They said I needn’t have offered to go Dutch

But with redundancy money in my back pocket
For a change I didn’t want to ask for a docket

I don’t honestly know what made me do it
When you’re down ‘n’ out it’s hard not to blow it

The sound in my head is like a steam train
It feels like it’s pounding the depths of my brain

But when all’s said and done and there is no one
How can you see the bright side of the sun?

I can hardly stand let alone walk away
At best hold on, let the horizon sway

Night soon will fall and I’ll have to get going
In my state of confusion, not really knowing

Is this truly the life I want to be living
Or is there something I’ve yet to believe in?


HANGOVER II


I knew I shouldn’t have gone out on the town
I felt myself slip further, down and down

My head made contact with the rain-filled gutter
In crying for help I could barely stutter

I was drowning in the tide of rising bile
The taste in my mouth was increasingly vile

The wave of vomit rose up in my throat
And spewed out my mouth, a most sour note

There was no way I was able to work
I’d never be able to drive the merc

The smell of the sick will stay in my mind
If only a solution I was able to find

Waking up here in a stranger’s damp bed
What was I to do but lie and play dead?

She might then get up and minister to me
I might get a blow job, and get one for free!
HANGOVER III

Oh, never again I said to myself
I must take more care of my failing health

The last time I drank this much I was sick
How can I be such a stupid big prick?

I like to see my glass filled to the brim
So why is it making me feel so grim?

Nothing’s as good as a quick shot of rum
I love the way it goes straight to my tum

The warming sensation is great to behold
All at once it feels as though I’ve struck gold

For now I’ll ignore my pounding great head
And try to stop wishing I were just dead

Tomorrow is yet another long day
To try to forget I’ve now lost my way

The anguish I have will not disappear
So for now I may just sit down and leer

HANGOVER IV

One more drink will sound the death knell for you
What news to give someone who feels so blue

Be it rum or whisky, or wine or beer
What price to pay for a little more cheer?

When life is so bad you drown your sorrow
Who cares whether or not there’ll be tomorrow?

For now, I’ll ignore the pain in my head
Being sober is the thing that I most dread

My love life stinks, and I’ve just lost my job
Being drunk is better, just let me sob

Hair of the dog will surely do the trick
I know it will stop me being so sick

I’ve done it before so don’t tell me how
I’m not in the mood for your crap just now

Leave me alone, just let me live my life
It’s alright for you, you’ve still got a wife
HANGOVER V

“You’ll soon be dead if you have one more drink,
Either that or for you it’ll be clink”

Stop nagging me woman, it’s how I cope
Being drunk is better than smoking dope

What do you know about my rotten life
Where drinking takes away some of the strife?

So what, if my brain hurts and I smell bad?
You know I’ve always been a Jack the Lad

With my head down the toilet, I throw up
It’s not so good, as it is when I sup

Room spin has never been my preferred style
I’d rather stand up to reduce the bile

I know that next week will be the right day
So why can’t I stop and do it my way?

Today isn’t the day to end my sorrow
Why would I when there’s always tomorrow?


HANGOVER VI


To everyone out there I’m an old soak
What do they think they know, just to provoke

It’s only a day since I was last drunk
Please don’t let them see how low I have sunk

Wine is my tipple, it always has been
Without glass in hand I’ve never been seen

Just a bottle a day, enough for me
So when did it get to be more than three?

In my cups I can take on a huge crowd
Me with a hangover, what do you mean loud?

Just leave me alone in my misery
Why did they say all the drinking was free?

Never again, I can hear myself say
I think I’ve drunk just enough for a day


HANGOVER VII

“I’ve only had the one.” Is what he said
The words keep going right over my head

That I know is just a load of old bull
The last time I looked the bottle was full

There he staggers, with mobile phone in hand
Leans against the door, barely able to stand

“My head is pounding, my mouth is so dry”
“Why keep doing it? Tell me, why oh why?”

“I don’t have a clue, it must be your fault.
I keep on trying to call it a halt.”

What can I do when they lead me along
Like a horse to water, drink for a song

Happy Hour is what they might call it
So why after all do I feel like shit?

Come, pull yourself together, and get up
Come, drink the water I’ve got in this cup



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing best story about hangover, this hangover problem main cause of alcoholic drink but if we take Herbal Drink For Hangover then we get best result.

    ReplyDelete